The advancement in technology has surely reformed people’s lives in a new way. With the new facial recognition function and the easy swipe, people can now have access to amazing functions in their hands. The security levels have taken a new turn with passcodes now supported by the facial recognition and fingerprint sensors. However, one common problem that the Samsung Galaxy users face is the locking and unlocking of Samsung Galaxy phones. To stay up to date with the technology, it is important for individuals to learn all the new updates and adapt to them.
What’s the difference between locked and unlocked Samsung phones?
All the majority of Android phones (unlocked) are produced by renowned companies like Samsung, Xiaomi, etc. Other than that, people can use these unlocked Smart Phones to use any networking signal they wish for. Irrespective of whichever country you are staying in, all you need to do is install the SIM card and enjoy it.
In contrast, locked phones don’t provide this facility. The majority of the locked Android firmware is issued under a network plan that restricts the locking status to 1, max 2 years. After they have surpassed that status, they can then enjoy the unlocking services.
How to check if the Samsung phone is unlocked or not?
Now that you know the difference between the Samsung phone being locked or not, it is better to make the decision wisely. Before you choose a Samsung phone, it is important to check if the phone is locked or not. Hence, here are some of the authentic ways to check if your Samsung phone is locked or not.
1. Android lock status: The most reliable way to see if the Samsung phone is locked or not is to see it through the Android lock status. You would just need to switch the SIM card with a different network. If your SIM is working well, try it with a different SIM. Switch off the Android phone and replace the SIM card with a new one. Switch on the phone and check if the network is being detected or not. As soon as you open the phone, a message will pop up showing whether your phone is unlocked or not.
2. IMEI number: Every phone, let alone Samsung phones, have a unique IMEI number that distinguishes it from others. The easiest and safest way to check if your Samsung phone is locked or not is through the IMEI number. You can check it at your home with ease. Just log in to www.imei.info and enter the IMEI number of your phone. This will not only show you the carrier of the phone but also show if your phone is locked or not. This is an easy and effective way to see if a Samsung phone is locked or not.
3. Carrier: If in case you are still unable to check if it is unlocked or not, then there are other methods too. If you need 100% authentic results, then you can feel free to contact your carrier’s service department and go for a manual check. This way they can check your phone and they can confirm if your phone is locked or not.
4. Using the phone dialer: Just open up your phone’s dialer and dial the number *#7465625#. This would immediately show if your phone is unlocked or not. However, in case it does not show this, it would display 3 different options, i.e. Network lock, Subset lock, and SP lock. Generally, people look forward to seeing if their network is locked or not. However, through this method, you can easily check which of the portions are locked or not. If all 3 of the options are shown OFF, then it is an indication that your Samsung phone is completely unlocked.
5. Purchasing a used phone: When you are looking forward to buying a 2nd phone, then you need to be very careful in the process. More often than not, you might be purchasing the phone that is locked. While this may seem normal to you, it can be incredibly troublesome. Often phones that are stolen are blacklisted which means that they can not be unlocked. Hence, make sure that you are buying it from a trusted person. This will reduce problems for you in the future.