Netflix, the best online streaming service with tons of movies and TV shows updated regularly is used by millions of people around the globe. It also offers different subscription plans which allows single or multiple users to watch simultaneously from a single account. It’s a great service which allows you to enjoy thousands of latest TV shows and movies right at your mini home theatre. As they say, Netflix & Chill!
Today, I am sharing a simple guide on how to manage Netflix profiles as I recently faced this myself while browsing the website. I wanted to delete a Netflix profile and I found that it was a little tricky to do so. I will be showing you how to add or delete Netflix profile on iPhone, PS4 & Windows by breaking down this process down into simple steps. So without further ado, let’s get on with the Netflix profile guide.
What is a Netflix Profile?
A Netflix profile is basically a separate persona which is created whenever you wish to share the account with another user. If you have subscribed to the 4-person Netflix, then you can create 4 different profiles. This will allow all the 4 people to watch/stream movies or TV shows simultaneously from different IP’s without any disturbances. You can add or delete profiles according to your convenience.
How to Delete a Netflix Profile
I have laid out the exact step by step process of deleting a profile on Netflix with appropriate screenshots for Windows & PS4. Make sure you follow it in order and you won’t face any problems while doing so. You can edit a Netflix profile by using this same procedure so let’s begin:
1. From Windows
- Go to Netflix.com & login to your account
- Once you are in, click on “Manage Profiles“
- Click on the profile which you would like to Delete or Edit
- In the next step, you will see the below options, click on Delete Profile to delete that particular profile from your account
- You can edit the Netflix profile by following the same process and changing the options shown in the below image. You can edit the maturity levels, language or name for any person
2. From PS4/Ps3
- To edit delete a Netflix profile from PS4 console, press the circle button and then select the profile icon. From this screen you can delete or edit any profile easily.
- To delete or edit a profile from PS3 console, hover over the profile you would like to delete or edit and press the triangle button. Once the edit menu opens up, here’s where you can make changes or delete profiles.
3. From iPhone/iPad
- To delete a Netflix profile from iPhone/iPad, open up the screen with all profiles by clicking on the options menu
- Click the username of the current user to bring up a list of all profiles
- Click on the edit button (looks like a pencil)
- Select the profile you need to edit
- Delete the selected profile
- You can edit the display pic, username and set the account to “kids” via the iPhone app
How to Add a Netflix Profile
Once you will open Netflix from a computer or laptop, you should see a pop-up window with one main profile already created from your existing account along with a button to add a new profile.
To create a profile, you only need to enter a name, and you can also choose an picture/avatar for each new profile. While I could access my various profiles (you can create up to 5 per account) on my iPad and Apple TV, creating a new profile wasn’t possible with either of these devices.
How to Switch Netflix Profiles
Want to switch Netflix profiles? Tap on the current profile in the upper-right corner of the window to see all profiles. You will see the dropdown menu with all your profiles along with a Manage Profiles button. Choose your preferred profile and start streaming.
That’s all I have to offer you from this concise guide to managing Netflix profiles. One thing you should know is that once you delete a profile, the viewing history for that profile will no longer be available. I hope you were able to follow the steps easily and were able to complete your task.
Do share this post if you think this guide is useful and comment below if you have any queries or want to share ideas on what I should cover next. Cheers!