Minecraft is a very popular game played by millions. It involves placing blocks and going on adventures building structures out of 3D textured cubes, all-in-all it’s a thrill package for anyone who loves to play PC games. There are several game modes (Survival, Creative, Adventure & Spectator) which the players can switch from and to. Since 2011, it has grown very well and has a huge fanbase. Some problems are bound to exist in such big games and one of those is the “Minecraft failed to verify username” which I would like to address in this article.
This is one of the most common problems which users face while playing Minecraft. Mojang takes a good care of the players though sometimes it fails as most big companies do and it’s unable to verify the username of players because of some internal problems. In this guide, I will share some methods that you can try to solve this issue by following simple steps.
- 1 What is Minecraft Failed to Verify Username Problem?
- 2 How to Fix Minecraft Failed to Verify Username after Change Issue
- 3 How to Check the Status of Minecraft Status
- 4 Conclusion
What is Minecraft Failed to Verify Username Problem?
Whenever you launch Minecraft, you need to join a server in order to play the game. Some users have faced issues while trying to join the game server. Whenever a player changes his Minecraft username, he will see this message that the server failed to verify his username. Now this could happen due to either of the below reasons:
- Changing the username
- Servers are taking too much load and are temporarily down
How to Fix Minecraft Failed to Verify Username after Change Issue
Since this isn’t a problem that occurs due to our mistake, it’s related to the Minecraft servers which are handled by the development team, so it’s not 100% in our hands to solve this issue. Though there are some proven fixes which have worked in the past for many users.
Let’s check out these methods and how you can also try them to solve this error:
1. Relogging into the Launcher (80% Success Rate)
- Log out of Minecraft
- Make sure that Java version is up-to-date
- Go back to the launcher
- Log back in to the game
2. Change the Username to Original (90% Success Rate)
You can try out this method if you face the Minecraft failed to verify username after name change.
- Log out of Minecraft (Skip this step, if you were not in Minecraft)
- Click “Change Profile” which is located at the bottom right of the window of the launcher
- Put the account details you were already using (Put in your email and password)
- Start Playing AGAINN!
3. IP-Server Fix (70% Success Rate)
- Login to this IP: vanitycraft.minecrafted.net
- When you are online, type: /register “passwordofyourchoice” “re-enterpasswordofyourchoice” (Without quotation marks)
Warning: Please don’t do this if your server is very famous. This makes the server cracked enough that any Minecraft users can log onto your server with any name. If they join as an admin, then they could badly hurt your server. Try this method at your own risk.
For Server Owners:
- Go in your server configuration file
- Locate “Online-Mode:True”
- Change True to False
- Finally, save the changes and Start your server
How to Check the Status of Minecraft Status
If you are wondering if you can check the current status of the game or if all the different sections of the servers are up and running, then here’s a good news for you. All you need to do is go to the link (site) given below and check if the status is “Online” for Login, Session, Website, Textures & Realms servers.
So this was my quick guide on how to solve Minecraft failed to verify username error. You can try out any of the above 3 methods to solve this issue at your side. Feel free to comment your queries below and I will get back to you with help.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. Do share it if you think it helped you in anyway, so your friends can benefit from this guide as well. Cheers and have a good day!