A diaphragm compressor is a variation of an old classic reciprocating compressor having Piston rings, a rod seal and backup.. The compression of gas takes place by a bendable membrane.. the backward and forward moving membrane is compelled by a rod and a crank shaft mechanism.The pushed gas comes in contact with only the membrane and compressor box. That is why It is the finest option for pumping toxic and explosive gases. The membrane must be able to take the strain of injected gas. It must have sufficient chemical possessions and a lot of temperature endurance.A diaphragm compressor is also called the membrane air compressor .
- Energy efficient
- Maintained easily
- Minimum uneven forces seal and diaphragm failure
- Whole compression is on the rod
- Duplex units can compress various gases simultaneously
- Crankshaft bearing have lower load
- No problem in transition assembly
- Start up of duplex units with high intel pressure without unloading hello
- Very less horsepower needed
1. High Gas Purity And Leak- Tight gas compression – the process gas is segregated from Hydraulic oil by triple diaphragm. Venting and purging is not necessitated by crankcase.
2. Automatic Priming And Oil Distribution – Compatibility and forward thinking design-prevents knocks, vibration and Cavitation for smooth and quiet operation with extended maintenance.
3. Longer Diaphragm Life – Improvements in the diaphragm production offers longer life.
4. Low Energy Consumption – Two stage and duplex models are designs which lower horsepower and give lower energy costs.
5. High Intel Pressure – These models have high Intel pressures that save energy and optimise cost.
In all sectors diaphragm compressors have attained a firm place because of operational advantages. They have considerable advantage over classic Piston type compressors wherever explosive, flammable toxic or radioactive gases or highest priority gases are to be compressed, where stringent measures have to be adopted for Environment protection. They meet the requirements of Pharmaceutical, food and nuclear industry.
For various applications the conceptions available are –
– Basic compressors – compress gas, one or multistage from low suction pressure to high discharge pressure.
– Booster compressors – compress from high suction pressure to high discharge pressure.
– Transfer compressors – Pump gas from one tank to another. decreasing suction pressure at increasing discharge pressure.
– Circulators – the difference between suction and discharge pressure is not very high.
Applications Where Diaphragm Compressors Are Used –
1. In flat glass manufacture
2. For off loading and filling gases from tube trailers
3. At hydrogen fuel cell stations
4. For filling bulk storage tanks and gas cylinders
5. In gases for electronics, semiconductor and fibre optics production.
6. In hydrogenation of palatable oils
7. For speciality gas cleansing
8. For gas recycling, mixing and blending
9. In compression of syngas from renewable bases
10. For research and development of wind and wind power
11. For feedstock for chemical, petrochemical chemical and pharmaceutical industries
12. For metal processing
13. For pressure storage and gas boosting from onsite gas production systems
14. For cooling power plant turbines.
Manufacturers like – PDC Machines Manufacturers diaphragm compressors for
Broad Spectrum Of Gases- Diaphragm compressor is used for- air, freon, ammonia
nitrogen trifluoride, helium, nitrous oxide, argon, oxygen, hydrogen, carbon dioxide,
hydrogen sulphide,Phosphine, chlorine, methane, silane, deuterium, Monomer
vapour, Sulphur dioxide, ethane, natural gas, ethylene, neon, tritium, fluorine,
nitrogen,TFE, Xenon, other gas mixtures and gases.