If you are someone who wants to learn how to save Instagram stories on your smartphone or PC, then this guide is for YOU!
I personally like and prefer Instagram Stories over Snapchat stories primarily because of 2 reasons; one that it allows me to upload older pictures and videos and two because it makes more sense because I have a larger audience who remain connected to me on Instagram. There are times when I really like some gym trainers’ clips or my favourite football players’ story, that’s when I figured how to download and save Instagram stories.
Along with the super cool filters it also has some nice stickers and emojis which I can use to beautify my pics or videos, so all in all it’s a power pack. In this guide, I will show you how to save someone’s Instagram stories on your Android or iOS smartphone and even on your Windows or Mac computer.
Do I Need to Jailbreak or Root my Smartphone?
I am sure most of you are wondering if you need to jailbreak your Apple iPhone or root your Android smartphone. The answer is NO. The methods which you will be learning will not require you to jailbreak or root your phones. However one thing which I’d like to mention is that you will be able to download and save only those Instagram stories that are uploaded by open accounts and not private ones.
How to Save Instagram Stories on Android Smartphone
- First of all, you need to download the “Story Saver for Instagram” app from Google Play Store
- Install and open the app
- Now you will be asked to log in to your Instagram account
- Enter the credentials and log in to your account
- Select the stories which you would like to download and save
- Tap on “Save“
- You are done!
How to Save Instagram Stories on iPhone (iOS)
There are no apps on the App Store anymore that allow us to save Instagram stories but I have found this great site and one more workaround using which you can easily save them on your iPhone.
1. Using StoriesIG.com
First of all you need to download Browser and Document Plus app on your iPhone from the given link.
- Visit this link from your iPhone: https://storiesig.com/
- Type in the username and and hit Enter
- It will fetch the user profile and the number of stories it has
- Click on the profile picture and it will open all stories
- Below each picture or video, there will be a “DOWNLOAD” option
- Long press on “DOWNLOAD” and copy URL
- Now open Browser and Documents Plus app and download the story as shown in the below images
2. Using iOS Screen Recording
If you have your iPhone running on iOS 11, then you can simply follow the below steps.
- Start Screen Recording on your iPhone
- Launch Instagram app
- View story of any celebrity/person which you would like to save
- And it’s done!
This is a super cool idea if you want to save Instagram story of a private account. So if you are following them, you can use this idea and save their stories as well.
How to Save Instagram Stories on PC
The first method would be to use the StoriesIG.com website and repeat the steps mentioned in the iOS section above. And the second method to download and save Instagram stories on PC is by using a Chrome extension. Just follow the below given steps and you will be good to go.
- First thing to do is to make sure you are logged into your Instagram account on PC
- Download Chrome IG Extension and install it in your Google Chrome browser
- Once done, simply click on the extension icon on the top right corner of your browser
- It will list all the recent stories with a share and download icon on the right of each one
- Click on the download icon and it will start the download in ZIP format to your PC
So with this, we come to the end of my guide. I tried my best to list out the best and easiest methods to save Instagram stories. Instagram stories are a bliss and we do have our tastes in some inspirational figures, sports & movie celebrities or even the hot Instagram models.
The above methods will work best for you to save those amazing moments that make you skip a heartbeat. I hope you enjoyed reading the guide. Do share this with your friends if you think it’s helpful.
What are your methods to download Instagram stories? Share with us in the comments section and let everyone know. Cheers and keep visiting!